Share This Article
About Fashion Marketing Jobs
Fashion Marketing Jobs: Have you ever watched a fashion show on TV and admired the extraordinary appearance of a model? And what about the designer’s exquisite intelligence of style? All of this may have gotten you thinking about entering the fashion industry. But you may not be interested in modeling, fashion design, or photography.
So are your dreams of entering the fashion industry going to be dashed?
Not really, since you haven’t thought about fashion marketing yet. A fashion marketer helps designers trade their products to the right customers. Therefore we’ll be talking a lot more about a career in fashion marketing in this post.
What does a Career in Fashion Marketing Entail?
No matter how brilliant a fashion designer is, their products won’t sell without marketing! The designer must promote their products, so customers and fashion brands know about them. This is where a fashion salesman comes to the saving!
A career in fashion marketing includes the following responsibilities:
- Developing marketing strategies to publicize a particular designer’s work.
- Creation of advertising campaigns and management of the entire branding process
- We are analyzing the results of product campaigns and also managing the marketing team.
- Evaluation of sales strategies, prices, design, allocation, and also communication.
- Because the industry is cutthroat, you should always look for ways to grow your brand.
Why Choose Fashion Marketing Jobs?
Fashion marketing can be a countless career choice if you’re more interested in marketing or branding fashion products than designing them. And if you enjoy interacting with people, analyzing new fashion trends, predicting potential directions, and making style statements, fashion marketing is for you.
Plus, you can meet talented designers, models, photographers, and entrepreneurs daily! How cool is that?
Skills or Attributes Required to Get Started in Fashion Marketing
Fashion marketers must be competitive, hardworking, and also open to new ideas. Here are the other skills that will get you into fashion marketing:
- Creativity is require to develop marketing campaigns that grab the audience’s attention.
- You need to be update with the latest fashion, music, and also film trends.
- You must be curious about the styles follow-up by designers, celebrities, artists, and also even athletes. This helps in brainstorming and also trend analysis.
- Excellent communication, time management, strong work ethic, leadership, and also social media skills are critical.
How do You Get into Fashion Marketing?
You must complete your 10+2 from a recognized board to enter this industry. If you have a bachelor’s degree in fashion management or marketing/management, and a postgraduate degree in fashion marketing is a great fit for your career.
You also need some experience before entering the industry. Try applying for internships and jobs while you continue your college education. Therefore this will increase your chances of getting great job offers after you graduate!
Salary and Job Prospects in Fashion Marketing
Fashion marketers are paid well and have diverse career opportunities like:
- Design Manager
- Brand Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing and Promotion Manager
- Production Manager
- Fashion Marketing/Branding Consultant
- Tracer Researcher
- Purchasing Manager
The top recruiters in this field are:
- Marks & Spencer
- Indian Terrain
- Future Group
- ITC Wills Lifestyle
- Federated Group
Fashion Marketing Managers earn approximately INR 3.95 to LPA 30. For design managers, the salary ranges from INR 5.87 LPA to 30 LPA. As you advance your skills and also experience, you can apply for a Senior Marketing Manager position with a starting salary of INR 4.52 LPA.
Advertising agencies, production houses, MNCs, and media houses – Hence, all in the fashion industry need fashion marketers. So if you have the right skills, experience, and mindset, the sky is the limit!